Who is Optibac Kids Gummies for?
For children aged 3 years+ these soft-bite fruit gummies provide high quality friendly bacteria in a delicious format.
Containing the scientifically researched strain Bacillus coagulans Unique IS-2, Fructooligosaccharide fibres (FOS), Vitamin D3 and calcium, these gummies are an easy way for children to take their daily supplement for digestive and immune support.
- Easy to take any time of day, with or without food
- Each strawberry flavour gummy contains 2 billion live cultures + 0.55g FOS
- Contains vitamin D to maintain immune health
- Contains calcium to support digestive enzymes
- Calcium and vitamin D are needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
- Made with real fruit concentrates for a more natural option
- With no artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours
- No added sugars
- Vegan, gluten free and no dairy
- Extensively taste-tested by children, for children
- 100% Plastic Free packaging – with a home compostable inner pouch and an FSC approved recyclable box
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British parents+.
Available in a pack of 30 gummies – serving size 1 gummy per day.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology and Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
How Do I Choose The Best Live Cultures Gummies?
When choosing friendly bacteria gummies for your child, you want to choose a delicious gummy you know your kids will want to eat. The best children’s gummies should be made from natural ingredients, and contain a high-quality live cultures strain suitable for children. Bacillus coagulans Unique IS-2 is one of the most well-researched bacillus strains in children1,2,3 and is an ideal strain for kids’ friendly bacteria gummies.
How Do Friendly Bacteria Gummies Work?
Optibac Kids Gummies contain a species of friendly bacteria, Bacillus coagulans, that has the ability to form a protective layer around itself, making it highly resistant to acid, heat and the harsh conditions of the mouth and stomach4,5. This ensures it gets to the gut alive and starts to flourish6. These children’s gummies also contain FOS fibres which increase natural gut bacteria, calcium which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes, and vitamin D3 which contributes to the normal function of the immune system, making these an ideal supplement for digestive and immune support.
1. Asgarshirazi, M., Shariat, M. and Dalili, H. (2015) ‘Comparison of the Effects of pH-Dependent Peppermint Oil and Synbiotic Lactol (Bacillus coagulans + Fructooligosaccharides) on Childhood Functional Abdominal Pain: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Study’, Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, 17(4), pp. e23844-undefined. doi: 10.5812/ircmj.17(4)2015.23844.
2. Saneian, H. et al. (2015) ‘Synbiotic containing Bacillus coagulans and Fructo-oligosaccharides for functional abdominal pain in children’, Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench, 8(1), pp. 56–65.
3. Sudha, M. R. et al. (2018) ‘Efficacy of Bacillus coagulans Unique IS2 in treatment of irritable bowel syndrome in children: a double blind, randomised placebo controlled study’, Beneficial Microbes, 9(4), pp. 563–572. doi: 10.3920/BM2017.0129.
4. Ahire, J. J., Neelamraju, J. and Madempudi, R. S. (2020) ‘Behavior of Bacillus coagulans Unique IS2 spores during passage through the simulator of human intestinal microbial ecosystem (SHIME) model’, LWT, 124, p. 109196. doi: 10.1016/j.lwt.2020.109196.
5. Bernardeau M, Lehtinen MJ, Forssten SD, Nurminen P. Importance of the gastrointestinal life cycle of Bacillus for probiotic functionality. J Food Sci Technol. 2017;54(8):2570-2584. doi:10.1007/s13197-017-2688-3
6. Cao J, Yu Z, Liu W, et al. Probiotic characteristics of Bacillus coagulans and associated implications for human health and diseases. J Funct Foods. 2020;64(July 2019):103643. doi:10.1016/j.jff.2019.103643
Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
Calcium contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes.
Calcium and Vitamin D are needed for normal growth and development of bone in children.