Who is Optibac Baby Drops for?
Food supplement for newborns from birth onwards; infants, babies and young children. Suitable for both breastfed and formula-fed babies.
- Contains the world-renowned Bifidobacterium breve M-16V® live bacteria strain
- Strain naturally occurs in the human body & is uniquely adapted to reside in humans
- Complements the gut flora naturally present in your baby's digestive system
- Suitable for use alongside medication for colic
- Studied in numerous gold-standard clinical trials in thousands of babies and young children
- Proven to be safe for babies and children
- Helps maintain balance in the baby’s gut flora by increasing levels of Bifidobacteria
- 1 billion live cultures per serving, guaranteed until end of expiry
- Proven to reach the gut alive
- Easy-to-use dropper - administer directly into baby’s mouth*, on a spoon or mix into cool milk or food
- Recommended for daily use
- Winner of 2020 National Parenting Product Awards and Nutra Ingredients Asia Award 2019 for Ingredient of the Year: Infant Nutrition
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Available in one pack size of 30 servings – serving size 0.3 ml (8 drops) as indicated on the dropper.
Customer feedback collected via independent review platform Trustpilot. See 'Reviews' tab for more customer opinions collected via our own website.
All questions answered by probiotic expert Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
What are baby live cultures?
Live cultures for babies are dietary supplements that use friendly bacteria strains naturally present in the baby’s gut, often including strains of Bifidobacteria. These supplements can help to maintain balance in the gut flora.
Can I, or should, I give my baby friendly bacteria?
You can give Baby Drops to your newborn from birth onwards. Baby Drops is a natural, gentle supplement, suitable throughout infancy and for many dietary requirements. Research has shown that giving certain friendly bacteria strains, such as Bifidobacterium breve M-16V® to infants can help to increase levels of Bifidobacteria in the gut1,2.
How do I choose the best friendly bacteria for my baby?
When choosing a live cultures supplement for your baby, you need to feel confident that it is safe and suitable for the infant microbiome3. Baby Drops contains an award-winning friendly bacteria strain which has been tested in over 4000 newborn infants4, babies, and young children5, and it is ideal for use in both formula-fed and breastfed babies.
Now dispatching in our new look!
We are introducing new, eco-conscious packaging this year, and the new designs will update gradually from product to product to minimise any waste. Please bear with us as you may receive orders with both current and new packaging over the coming months. We hope you like the new look!
Update July 2021: This supplement was previously called OptiBac ‘For your baby’.
1. Li, Y et al. (2004). Effects of Bifidobacterium breve supplementation on intestinal flora of low birth weight infants. Pediatr. Int, 46: 509-515
2. Chua, MC et al. (2017). Effect of synbiotic on the gut microbiota of Cesarean delivered infants. A randomised, double blind, multicenter study. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, 65 (1): 102-106.
3. Abe F, Muto M, Yaeshima T, et al. Safety evaluation of probiotic bifidobacteria by analysis of mucin degradation activity and translocation ability. Anaerobe. 2010;16(2):131-136. doi:10.1016/j.anaerobe.2009.07.006
4. Athalye-Jape G, Rao S, Simmer K, Patole S. Bifidobacterium breve M-16V as a Probiotic for Preterm Infants: A Strain-Specific Systematic Review. J Parenter Enter Nutr. 2018;42(4):677-688. doi:10.1177/0148607117722749
5. Van Der Aa LB, Van Aalderen WMC, Heymans HSA, et al. Synbiotics prevent asthma-like symptoms in infants with atopic dermatitis. Allergy Eur J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;66(2):170-177. doi:10.1111/j.1398-9995.2010.02416.x