Instructions for use
Food supplement suitable for pregnant women from conception through to birth and for breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding women post birth with the following recommendations:
- Take 1 capsule daily with food, preferably with breakfast, or as professionally directed.
- For anyone unable to swallow capsules, the capsule can be opened and contents mixed with a cold meal or beverage that aren't too acidic.
- Do not exceed recommended daily dosage.
- May be taken on an ongoing basis or as professionally directed.
- For best results use daily.
Morning sickness and/or nausea is a common symptom in pregnancy and therefore pregnant women often prefer taking supplements in the form of capsules. To make taking ‘For pregnancy’ capsules as easy as possible, we recommend tilting the head forward to swallow the capsule. Details below:
- When swallowing tablets, it’s common to put the tablet in your mouth, drink some water and knock the head back to swallow it (i.e. look up before swallowing). Doing this uses the weight of the tablet to move it to the back of the throat and makes it easier to swallow successfully
- With a capsule, however, this won’t work because of the air in the capsule. Instead, while the capsule and water are in the mouth, we recommend to look down before swallowing. This will buoy the capsule to the top of the water (back of the throat) and make it easier to swallow, particularly if morning sickness and/or nausea are a problem for the individual
Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. Those taking any medication or with serious medical conditions should consult a doctor before use. Optibac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.
Like the rest of the Optibac range, 'For pregnancy' does not require refrigeration. Store in a cool, dry place below 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
Live cultures are not recommended for those with serious medical conditions e.g. those who are severely immunosuppressed, have pancreatitis, are in the ICU, have melaena, have a central venous catheter, infants with short bowel syndrome, or patients with open wounds following major surgery; unless under a doctor's care. Keep out of reach of children.
This is a food supplement and is not intended to prevent, treat or diagnose any medical conditions. Probiotic supplements should not be used as a substitute for a healthy diet and lifestyle. If you are taking any medications or have a serious medical condition, consult a doctor before use. Optibac supplements will not cause dependency and may be used on an ongoing basis.