Optibac Probiotics is the UK & Ireland’s most recommended brand. We’re hiring a Warehouse Operative to join our dynamic and friendly team. This is a full-time position based at our head office in Andover.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB:
The Warehouse Operative will support business operations and deliver customer satisfaction by ensuring the safe and efficient receipt and dispatch of raw materials, finished products and other components, whilst also maintaining a solid understanding of the wider business requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor production and support scheduling as necessary. Ensure quality standards are maintained, control inventory and Point of Sale material, understand operational reports to detect and eliminate production problems whilst following operating procedures.
- Management & monitoring outgoing orders.
- Material flow management, storage and order fulfilment.
- Coordination with Procurement with regards to incoming deliveries, raw materials and supplies, supervising receiving, warehousing and shipping procedures.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with data, stock records and schedules.
- Monitor and reduce waste where possible.
- Goods In/Out, Shipping requirements, courier shipping documents, POD's, booking in & scheduling.
- Generate appropriate documentation for all material movements.
- Checking logistic paperwork for accuracy.
- Communication of shortages and stock discrepancies to relevant departments accurately.
- Location management of new / existing products.
- Organise inventory so it is easily accessible and clearly identified.
- Pick stock for works orders accurately and in a timely manner.
- Picking and packing sales orders with the goal of 100% accuracy and as few back orders as possible. Packing in a way to ensure customers receive products undamaged.
- Efficient re-work of existing products when required.
- Ensure daily and weekly dispatch targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Managing consumable packaging stock effectively and re-order as instructed.
- Ensuring weekly cycle counting checks are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Stock taking.
- Using your exceptional organisational skills to ensure the right product gets to the right customer at the right time.
- Ensuring an efficient, tidy, clean and safe working environment in the Dispatch and Warehouse areas.
- Communicate timely and successfully with all departments.
- Co-operation with colleagues to support the business needs.
Essential (the following experience & qualities are absolutely necessary for this role):
- Must enjoy working as part of a small, mutually supportive team working towards wider business goals.
- Excellent administrative skills with good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Driven, hard-working and self-motivated, but happy to follow instruction where required.
- Problem solving, with a great attitude.
- Contribute to the overall smooth running of the Warehouse department.
- Experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Appreciation for the value of joining a growing business.
- Personal interest in health and wellbeing.
- Forklift licence.
Hours & Salary:
- Full time, permanent position.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Start immediately.
- Job Location - Head Office Andover.
- Reports to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Must be UK based and have the right to work in the country
- To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications is 1st October 2022. Applications received after this date may not be considered.