We are searching for an experienced Social & PR specialist to join our growing and passionate Brand team. As pioneers of the probiotics category, Optibac has long been championing the gut health revolution, tirelessly educating professionals and consumers alike on the benefits of friendly bacteria. Social media and PR play a critical part in these efforts and with the category so close to really taking off, this is an important role for the business.
We’re looking for someone, creative, ambitious and tenacious who can join our mission to help people feel their best and bring the power of probiotics to the mainstream! We’re proud to be recognised as the ‘real experts in probiotic supplements’ and need this person to help us share our knowledge and expertise, consolidate our leadership position and bring our brand’s story to life.
Working with our talented teams of scientific and nutritional experts, customer care and marketing, you will be able to interweave all the story-telling components that make Optibac the leading experts in probiotics and instil a credible, caring and empowered brand portrayal in consumers’ minds. You have specialist skills but a generalist attitude and can be a leading voice in collaborative projects that create growth opportunities and elevate the brand to meet short- and long-term business goals.
You will be adept in the development and execution of content and communication strategies for social media, PR & influencer channels to grow online and offline communities in a meaningful way, beyond just vanity metrics. Engagement, website traffic and positive sentiment from all those who trust our probiotics will inform all decision making to ensure you’re always championing the power and value that smart social media content, PR and influencer communications provide for lifetime customers.
As a fast-growing business, things move quickly at Optibac, so we’re looking for someone who thrives in this kind of working environment, taking on proactive and reactive opportunities and running with them. Whilst this position is for maternity cover initially, it is extremely likely that there will be scope to extend to a permanent role due to speed the business is growing and the demands this places on the Brand team, both in the UK and internationally. We’re also looking for somebody who can start as soon as possible, so we can manage this transition seamlessly.
Wren Laboratories is a successful, family-run business based near Andover, Hampshire. It produces a range of health supplements called ‘Optibac Probiotics’ – the UK & Ireland's most trusted & recommended friendly bacteria supplements. The company is committed to producing high quality products, providing excellent customer service, and achieving a vibrant & inspiring workplace. The products are sold in the UK, Ireland and many export markets via multiple different sales channels including pharmacies, health food stores, grocery, online retailers, marketplaces and Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM) practitioners.
Position in Organisation
HQ and home-based
Contract: Temporary (12 months)
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours)
Reports to: Head of Brand
Direct report: Social Media Assistant
- Manage, evaluate and implement social media, PR & influencer strategies and activities across the UK and beyond
- Use social media, PR & influencer channels to cultivate an empowering, credible brand experience that educates the masses on the power of probiotics and their ability to make life changing differences to people’s lives
- Play a leading and highly visible role with a voice that advocates for fresh, new ideas and insights in our busy and passionate Brand team. Also actively support the Head of Brand with key projects as an integral fellow spokesperson for the brand
- Act as an important and much valued brand guardian, ensuring that social media, PR and influencer channel communications and visual content consistently embody the key attributes that make up our brand platform
- Ensure Optibac’s ambition to be seen as a credible category leader and the authority on probiotics and gut health is delivered across all channels
- Effectively manage our Paid Social and PR agencies – overseeing strategy planning, implementation and evaluation
- Nurture and develop our new Social Media Assistant
- Weekly and quarterly reporting on social media, PR and influencer activity to monitor community growth in line with key marketing objectives for the business, as well as championing vigilance with competitors
- Explore collaboration opportunities within extended areas of the business as we scale and grow beyond D2C (HCP/CAM practitioners, international distributors, retailers etc.)
- Create paid social advertising briefs from creative to copywriting to share with paid social agency for an always-on advertising approach that is in sync with wider marketing campaigns
- Day-to-day management of paid social agency including campaigns, budget and reporting back to key stakeholders
- Consistently manage and execute the UK social media calendar and content pillars through consistent, on-brand communications
- Grow and nurture our online community through compelling copywriting and visuals
- Responsible for building and helping to manage our social community by monitoring engagement, followership and fielding enquiries to departments using clear and effective processes
- Work closely with our in-house photographers, videographer and designers to create engaging assets across all social channels that fit with our brand persona and help seed our portrayal as an aspirational brand
- Oversee best practice guidance for international partners to use on social media and support with ad-hoc requests from the Export Team
- Responsible for the security and ownership of all social media channels including new and existing international accounts
PR & Influencers:
- Day-to-day management of PR agency including overseeing the strategy, press calendar, budget and all proactive/reactive communications
- Connect the dots with our experts to help bridge our science and communications, resulting in PR commentary that sets us apart from competitors as the authority on probiotics
- Collaborate with influencers on watertight paid briefs that result in content that feels authentic whilst also driving the intended results, be that top-funnel activity or conversions
- Nurture our highly valued community of earned influencers who have been loyal Optibac advocates for many years
- Work with our in-house team and agency to identify influencers and brand advocates in the UK & Ireland, with a view to onboard talent to a proactive ongoing programme to nurture relationships on a gifted and/or paid basis
- Create a meaningful brand experience for people of influence (journalists, influencers, media personalities) through thoughtful gifting
- 4+ years of experience in social media, influencers and in-house PR for a brand
- End-to-end experience of paid social ad creation and reporting using Facebook Ads Manager and Google Analytics
- Excellent copywriting skills to delight and surprise in the form of social posts, media alerts and gifted mailer experiences
- Confident in all communications, including crisis comms
- Positive and open to feedback
- An innovative and curious thinker who can stimulate engagement and spark conversations online
- A thoughtful social listener who can quickly tap into buzzing topics and relevant breaking news to engage the target market
- A diligent planner who understands and can action a thoughtful social calendar across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest, whilst adapting to relevant requests and changes as they appear
- Competent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom etc.)
- Experience with photography and videography for a brand’s social media
- International marketing experience
- Competent public speaker with experience delivering presentations internally and externally
- Experience with social media management tools, such as Hootsuite and Planoly
- Experience with organisational tools such as Basecamp and Trello
- Industry experience in the vitamin, mineral and supplements (VMS) category
- To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com
- No agencies please
- Deadline for applications is 30th July 2021
We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture drives creativity and success. We strive to create a workplace that values all people, where we embrace differences, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. The more perspectives we share, the better we can be. For more company information please visit www.optibacprobiotics.com/uk.