We are seeking a National Account Executive to join our National Account Team and grow our impressive portfolio of accounts in the UK, you’ll be required to assist and manage some important accounts and be empowered to make great things happen. This position is full-time and permanent and can be offered on an office based or remote basis, or even a mix of both!
Optibac is the UK and Ireland’s most recommended* probiotics brand. Our vision is to ‘empower millions to make life changing health choices with probiotics’.
As scientists discover more about the important role of the gut in overall health and wellbeing, the global demand for probiotic supplements is increasing dramatically. It’s therefore a very exciting time to join our company, which has doubled in size over the past few years. We are the experts in friendly bacteria, specialising entirely in live cultures. Our supplement range contains some of the most researched strains in the world, developed in the world’s leading laboratories.
Rated ‘Excellent’ on the independent review platform Trustpilot, Optibac supplements are sold to health food stores and pharmacies across the UK and Ireland and exported to markets across Europe and Asia. We are a family-run, ethical, and inclusive business which employs over 70 people throughout the UK and Ireland.
We are proud to have been awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in recognition of outstanding international growth over the past few years. We take great pride in being an ethical and socially conscious business and have raised over £525,450 for women’s rights charity Womankind Worldwide, through donations made from every pack sold of Optibac ‘For women’.
At Optibac, we feel that it’s very important to invest in our staff and ensure that they are empowered to promote our brand vision. Through continuous professional development and extensive training, we enable new team members to become experts on the gut microbiome and the use of probiotics.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
National Account Executive:
- Gain a thorough knowledge of all current accounts to include account size, ranking, performance etc. Understand key contacts and nature of customers business
- Gain a clear understanding of current channel structure in the UK
- Understand route to market
- Understand distributor structure and distribution partners; understand nature of current relationship with such partners
- Understand level of interaction with key retailers
- Develop and increase existing business along with securing new & innovative business opportunities
- Forecast sales, manage budgets, targets, and profitability, prepare account plans & develop commercial strategies by account
- Using Brand insights & category data, develop creative & compelling promotional shopper campaigns & joint business plans for each account, considering tactics to optimise sales during these periods
- Manage negotiations, attend meetings and build relationships with buyers, field teams and marketing colleagues
- Management of account trading strategies, investment, maximising ROI always
- Collect, analyse & monitor sales data / trends, assertively grow opportunities
- Manage administrative tasks such as new lines forms / PLOF’s/ PO’s & portals
- Drive a transparent proactive agenda with accounts, negotiating winning fundamentals for both parties
- Develop and maintain relationships with accounts to ensure long-term success
- Act as the liaison between accounts & internal teams ensuring requirements are met, potential opportunities are maximised and assist accurate stock planning demands
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the sector, keeping & remaining up-to date with market trends and competitor development, proactively explore new ways to increase growth where opportunity presents
- Exhibit at trade shows and, occasionally, oversee the planning of some of these
- Assist with NPD execution planning when required
- Assist international markets when deemed advantageous for the business
- Manage and monitor sales trend and patterns across portfolio
- Explore incremental opportunities with new channels, groups, or distributors
- Ensure brand consistency and retail criteria compliance met by accounts
- Keep updated with relevant retailer Healthcare strategies by specific account
- Add value, contributing to channel planning process and broader sales team knowledge
- Present to the national sales team KPIs required for group accounts
- Liaise with the Warehouse team regards stock needs. Act accordingly with out-of-stock situations that may arise, recommend alternative skus and adapt plans for the period concerned
- Share best practice across sales team, NAM & Collaborate cross functionally
- Conduct store visits where necessary for compliance auditing, intelligence, and attend shows where needed
- Ensure Netsuite and data accurate
- Raise PO’s and manage expenses
Person Specification and Competencies:
- Applicants must live within the country of work, with ability to travel and stay away from home from time to time
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Logical, highly commercial and strategic thinker
- Capable of driving a business effectively in a challenging & competitive environment, have a demonstrable track-record of successful account management and growth
- Solid presentation & negotiation skills aligned with excellent inter-personal communication skills
- Must collaborate and influence by example, be inspiring, open, transparent
- Hold the ability to multitask and priorities workstreams effectively
- Resilience and ability to hold courageous conversations
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working with Key / National / Regional Accounts. Experience working in natural products, consumer healthcare, OTC or Pharmaceutical. Strategy development advantageous
- Previous experience in VMS/Health & Wellbeing would be preferred
- Educated to a good standard
- Commercial acumen, Business Awareness skills & proactivity
- Must be UK based and have the right to work in the country
- To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications is 30th November 2022. Applications received after this date may not be considered.