Wren Laboratories is a successful, family-run business based near Andover, Hampshire. It produces a range of health supplements called ‘Optibac Probiotics’. The company is committed to producing high quality products, providing excellent customer service, and achieving a vibrant & inspiring workplace. The products are sold in the UK, Ireland and many export markets via multiple different sales channels including pharmacies, health food stores, grocery, direct to consumer website, online retailers and marketplaces.
The overall aim of the Digital Team is to promote the Optibac Probiotics brand across the UK, USA and wider export markets and to drive sales through the digital channels. The Digital team has expanded rapidly over the last 3 years and we are now looking to accelerate growth further across all channels. The D2C portion of the company’s sales is expected to achieve ambitious, but eminently achievable, growth figures and contribute a growing proportion of turnover.
The Digital Team sits within Marketing & Communications and are responsible for promoting the brand and products through digital channels to reach new and existing consumers to grow sales, both home and abroad. The team plays a key role in driving and supporting the company’s priorities and objectives. The primary focus of the Digital Team is to develop the acquisitions channels to drive sales and acquire new consumers either directly through our website or through our customer services teams.
Main Purpose and Scope of the Job
The Ecommerce Manager is an experienced, commercially minded and highly organised professional with great attention to detail and a keen interest in all things digital. The primary function of this role is to optimise all aspects of the digital customer journey to drive conversion and affect direct sales. Duties will also include the measurement and reporting of digital metrics to identify performance insights and inform tactical decisions.
- Work closely with the Head of Digital Acquisition to implement the digital strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets and company objectives.
- Manage email programme and brief consumer emails.
- Manage the marketing calendar and ensure tasks are briefed, prioritised, and allocated to relevant team members and agencies.
- Manage and execute campaigns and promotions with the support of the digital marketing assistant.
- Manage affiliate programme including approvals, asset distribution and communication with affiliate partners.
- Support team with subscriptions programme and refer a friend scheme.
- Support Head of Digital Acquisition with day-to-day management of the paid search channel (Google & Bing) and the Social Media & PR Lead with paid social ads
- Pull together data for monthly D2C channel report ready for the Head of Digital Acquisition to add commentary.
- Support the customer service teams with enquiries relating to payments, orders, and deliveries.
- Work with Content Manager, wider content team, and brand team to optimise content across our websites for both SEO and key brand messaging
- Actively improve both SEO and CRO, including building domain authority and optimising the user journey
- Support Head of Digital with high level tasks including reviewing & implementing the digital strategy, managing the web development agency, assisting with online resellers as well as growing international digital revenue
- Approach day-to-day job with a commercial-first mindset and help identify new opportunities to improve the way we drive sales and repeat business.
- Contribute to the overall smooth running of the Digital Team and Marketing department.
- Continue optimisation of delivery & services.
- Be ready to constantly expand your knowledge and expertise.
Qualifications and Experience
- An industry-recognised qualification (degree or diploma) in marketing or a relevant related subject would be advantageous.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English at business level.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing – this must be both broad and up-to-date
- Second language preferrable but not essential.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and develop through self-learning, education or online courses within digital.
- Minimum of 7 years working in digital marketing.
Additional Desirable Qualities
- Driven, hard-working and self- motivated, with the ability to work un-supervised.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Problem solving, with a great attitude.
- Personal interest in health and wellbeing
- Enthusiasm for online media
- Show interest and willingness to continually improve knowledge and develop skills relating to both e-commerce and health and probiotics
- Appreciation of the value of joining a fast growing business
Hours, salary & start date
- Full time, permanent position
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
- Start immediately
- Job Location - Head Office or Flexible working (available following induction training) with occasional requirement to attend meetings and events at HQ in Andover, Hampshire
- Reports to Head of Digital Acquisition & Responsible for Digital Marketing Assistant
- To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to email@example.com
- No agencies please
- Deadline for applications is 14th May 2021
For more company information, please visit www.optibacprobiotics.com/uk