Digital Marketing Executive
The overall aim of the Digital Team is to promote the Optibac Probiotics brand across the UK, USA and wider export markets and to drive sales through the digital channels.
Head Office (Andover) – work from home 2/3 days a week
Position in Organisation
Digital Marketing Manager
Full Time Equivalent
Wren Laboratories is a successful, family-run business based near Andover, Hampshire. It produces a range of health supplements called ‘Optibac Probiotics’. The company is committed to producing high quality products, providing excellent customer service, and achieving a vibrant & inspiring workplace.
The products are sold in the UK, Ireland and many export markets via multiple different sales channels including pharmacies, health food stores, grocery, direct to consumer website, online retailers, and marketplaces.
The Digital team has expanded rapidly over the last 3 years and are looking to accelerate growth further across all channels. The D2C portion of the company’s sales is expected to achieve ambitious, but eminently achievable, growth figures and contribute a growing proportion of turnover.
The Digital Team sits within Marketing & Communications and are responsible for promoting the brand and products through digital channels to reach new and existing consumers to grow sales, both home and abroad. The team plays a key role in driving and supporting the company’s priorities and objectives. The primary focus of the Digital Team is to develop the acquisitions channels to drive sales and acquire new consumers either directly through our website or through our customer services teams.
Main Purpose and Scope of The Job
The Digital Marketing Executive is a highly organised professional with great attention to detail, a keen interest in all things digital and has a desire to develop their skillset to progress within the team.
This primary function of the role is to support the day to day running of the Digital team. The role will touch all areas of this very busy team. As we strive to become a more insight driven business with marketing and analytics at the heart, this will be a very important and diverse role that will require work across all areas of the marketing mix as well as responsibility for important day-to-day admin tasks including reporting and recurring processes.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Manage, oversee, and implement CMS updates including editing, image updates, formatting, and redirects
- Take ownership for the implementation of promotions and promotional activities, ensuring all aspects are fully tested and ahead of launch, promotions are executed throughout the customer journey and across all relevant channels and removed when concluded
- Ensure NPD, product changes and stock variations are actioned, and relevant teams and agencies are notified in addition to updates being implemented across the sales channels
- Collaborate with the Content Manager to launch and update content pages ensuring compliance with the SEO requirements and best practice web guidelines.
- Provide CMS training to the marketing team and wider website support teams as needed, ensuring best practice is followed
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager with the execution of the Digital & SEO strategies
- Monitor website health and undertake actions to ensure SEO best practice is followed and issues are resolved.
- Support the Digital Marketing Manager with email marketing administration including automatic programme workflows creation and enhancement, address book management, email optimisation and reporting
- Manage the website Referral Scheme, lead the agency calls and drive growth program through testing and promotional activities
- Support the build of paid social media campaigns including briefing the design team, building the ads and actioning changes.
- Support Customer Services and Dispatch with queries relating to delivery, payment and site issues, escalating when needed to the Ecommerce Manager or Head of Digital
- Maintain the Digital Marketing calendar to ensure all activity and promos are documented and update GA annotations with all relevant activity
- Raise purchase orders as directed and ensure the Digital Marketing budget tracker is updated and maintained at least monthly
- Additional administration tasks as and when required which may include reporting and data input.
- Support Brand with social media and influencer communication, requests, mailer distribution and events
- Support with Affiliate account administration
- Approach day-to-day job with a commercial-first mindset and help identify new opportunities to improve the way we drive sales and repeat business.
- Contribute to the overall smooth running of the Digital Team and Marketing department.
- Proactively educate yourself on latest industry learnings to constantly expand your knowledge and expertise.
- Regularly update digital guideline documents and champion best practice processes across the organisation.
- Champion Kentico and provide support to the wider team when needed
- Support with internal and external comms and events such as surveys, PR & influencer events etc.
Qualifications & Experience
- An industry-recognised qualification in marketing or a relevant related subject would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 years working in digital marketing.
- Passion for Digital Marketing
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and good working knowledge of Google Analytics.
- Experience in working with a CMS
- Excellent command of written and spoken English at business level.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing – this must be both broad and up-to-date.
- Demonstrated desire to learn and develop through self-learning, education, or online courses within digital.
Additional Desirable Qualities
- Experience with SEO tools such as SEMrush & Search Console
- Driven, hard-working and self-motivated, with the ability to work un-supervised.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Problem solving, with a great attitude.
- Personal interest in health and wellbeing
- Show interest and willingness to continually improve knowledge and develop skills relating to both digital marketing and health and probiotics.
- Appreciation of the value of joining a fast-growing business.
The best candidates will carefully read this job description and will include a cover letter with their application, detailing how and why they are suitable for the role.
- Must be UK based and have the right to work in the country
- To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No agencies please
- For more company information, please visit www.optibacprobiotics.com/uk