The UK & Ireland sales team is a highly dynamic team, with strong technical and commercial aptitude. We pride ourselves on being team players, personable, good communicators, organised, commercial and professional. The main purpose of the role is to develop sales within UK accounts across well-known top National accounts. This role is about growth & requires natural tenacity and curiosity to make BIG things happen! With various workstreams strong collaboration in the role is instrumental to achieve the Optibac mission & growth plans.
Main Purpose And Scope Of The Job
Working closely with the Head of Sales the National Account Manager will take ownership & manage some of the top National accounts whilst prospecting new business avenues for growth within the account portfolio. They will conduct high level negotiations and develop strategic & innovative solutions with their accounts to promote and create growth of Optibac Probiotics products. They will also be required to execute robust joint business plans to maximise sales and profitability with each account.
Duties And Key Responsibilities
- Develop and increase existing business along with securing new & innovative business opportunities
- Forecast sales, manage budgets, targets, and profitability
- Using Brand insights & category data, develop creative & compelling promotional shopper campaigns & joint business plans for each account, considering tactics to optimise sales during these periods
- Manage negotiations and build relationships with buyers, field teams and marketing colleagues
- Management of account trading strategies, investment, and maximising ROI
- Collect, analyse & monitor sales data / trends to assertively grow opportunities
- Manage administrative tasks such as new lines forms / PO’s
- Drive a transparent proactive agenda with accounts, negotiating winning fundamentals for both parties
- Develop and maintain relationships with accounts to ensure long-term success
- Act as the liaison between accounts & internal teams ensuring requirements are met, potential opportunities are maximised and assist accurate stock planning demands
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the sector, keeping & remaining up-to date with market trends and competitor development, proactively explore new ways to increase growth where opportunity presents
- Work closely with National Account Executive for support to elements of workload
- Assist with NPD execution planning when required
- Assist international markets when deemed advantageous for the business
- Explore incremental opportunities with new channels, groups, or distributors
- Ensure brand consistency and retail criteria compliance met by accounts
- Keep updated with relevant retailer Healthcare strategies by specific account
- Add value, contributing to channel planning process and broader sales team knowledge
- Experience in managing well known national accounts preferably with healthcare sector. Multi-level relationships in such accounts advantageous
- Good understanding of retailer JBPs / category review processes / timelines and online sales
- Accountable, results orientated with solid experience in sales, forecasting and customer service
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and influencing
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Ability to network, build & maintain relationships internally / externally
- Ability to turn vision into reality in a compelling manner engaging various stakeholders throughout
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Experience with CRM software (preferably Netsuite) and technical proficiency across Microsoft office Suite applications
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and presentational
- Commercial & financial acumen essential
- Adaptable and flexible
- Availability to travel as required
- Professional personal presentation
- Proactive, driven and self-motivated
- Sound leading, prioritisation & multitasking skills
Remote, with travel to the office (Andover) and account locations across the UK / Ireland.
Position In Organisation
- Reports To: Head of UK & Ireland Sales
- Responsible For: Account portfolio
- Budget Responsibilities: TBC
- Full Time Equivalent: 1 FTE
- Working Hours: Normal hours of work are from 9am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday (40h/week). However, flexible working hours and weekend work may be necessary in order to meet the demands of the business.
Please send a covering letter with references and CV to Claire at Salesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal candidate will carefully read the job description, and detail in a cover letter the knowledge, skills and experience which make them suitable for the role, along with their availability, notice period, location, preferred working hours, and salary expectations.
Applicants who do not include a comprehensive covering letter with their application will not be considered.
The interview process will consist of a telephone interview, initial interview, and second interview for final stage applicants. A short training session role play on one of our products will be required in the initial interview, details of which will be sent prior to the interview.
For further information about the company please browse the website, and for enquiries about the role contact Claire at Salesemail@example.com.