Who is Optibac Probiotics Gummies for?
For children aged 3 years+ these probiotic soft-bite fruit gummies provide high quality friendly bacteria in a delicious format for immune and digestive support.
Containing the scientifically researched probiotic strain Bacillus coagulans Unique IS-2, prebiotic FOS, Vitamin D3 and calcium, these gummies are an easy way for children to take their daily supplement.
Suitable for children on vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free or dairy-free diets.
This product will be launching in our brand-new look! Our new eco-friendly packaging and refreshed designs will be rolling out over the coming months, so keep your eyes peeled for updates.
- Easy to take any time of day, with or without food
- Each strawberry flavor gummy contains 2 billion live cultures + 0.55g FOS
- Contains Vitamin D to maintain immune health
- Contains Calcium to support digestive enzymes
- Calcium and vitamin D are needed for normal growth and development of bone in children
- Made with real fruit concentrates for a more natural option
- With no artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors
- Vegan, gluten free and dairy free
- Extensively taste-tested by children, for children
- 100% Plastic Free packaging – with a home compostable inner pouch and an FSC approved recyclable box
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British parents+.
Available in a pack of 30 gummies – serving size 1 gummy per day.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
How Do I Choose The Best Probiotic Gummies?
When choosing probiotic gummies for your child, you want to choose a delicious gummy you know your kids will want to eat. The best children’s probiotic gummies should be made from natural ingredients, and contain a high-quality probiotic strain suitable for children. Bacillus coagulans Unique IS-2 is one of the most well-researched bacillus strains for gut health in children1,2,3 and is an ideal strain for kids’ probiotic gummies.
How Do Probiotic Gummies Work?
Optibac Kids Gummies contain a species of friendly bacteria, Bacillus coagulans, that has the ability to form a protective layer around itself, making it highly resistant to acid, heat and the harsh conditions of the mouth and stomach5. This ensures it gets to the gut alive and starts to flourish. These children’s probiotic gummies also contain prebiotic fibers (FOS) which increase natural gut bacteria, calcium which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes, and vitamin D3 which contributes to the normal function of the immune system, making these an ideal supplement for all-round gut and immune support.
What is Bacillus coagulans good for?
The Bacillus coagulans Unique IS-2 strain in Optibac Kids Gummies has been shown to support digestive health1,2,3,4, and immune health6.
1. Asgarshirazi, M., Shariat, M. and Dalili, H. (2015) ‘Comparison of the Effects of pH-Dependent Peppermint Oil and Synbiotic Lactol (Bacillus coagulans + Fructooligosaccharides) on Childhood Functional Abdominal Pain: A Randomized Placebo-Controlled Study’, Iranian Red Crescent Medical Journal, 17(4), pp. e23844-undefined. doi: 10.5812/ircmj.17(4)2015.23844.
2. Saneian, H. et al. (2015) ‘Synbiotic containing Bacillus coagulans and fructo-oligosaccharides for functional abdominal pain in children’, Gastroenterol Hepatol Bed Bench, 8(1), pp. 56–65.
3. Sudha, M. R. et al. (2018) ‘Efficacy of Bacillus coagulans Unique IS2 in treatment of irritable bowel syndrome in children: a double blind, randomised placebo controlled study’, Beneficial Microbes, 9(4), pp. 563–572. doi: 10.3920/BM2017.0129.
4. Saneian, H. et al. (2013) ‘Comparison of Lactobacillus Sporogenes plus mineral oil and mineral oil alone in the treatment of childhood functional constipation’, J Res Med Sci, 18(2), pp. 85–8.
5. Ahire, J. J., Neelamraju, J. and Madempudi, R. S. (2020) ‘Behavior of Bacillus coagulans Unique IS2 spores during passage through the simulator of human intestinal microbial ecosystem (SHIME) model’, LWT, 124, p. 109196. doi: 10.1016/j.lwt.2020.109196.
6. Upadhyaya, S. and Banerjee, G. (2011) ‘Enhancement of Natural Killer Cell Activity in Immuno-compressed Elderly Subjects by Bacillus, International Journal of Probiotics and Prebiotics, 6