Who is OptiBac Probiotics 'For women' for?
Dietary supplement for women of all ages, including teenagers, pregnant women and women over 50. Highly researched friendly bacteria formulated to naturally support vaginal and urinary tract health*.
- Trusted multi-strain ingredients - contains world-renowned Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1® and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®, the most clinically studied probiotic strains for vaginal health*.
- Best probiotics for women to maintain healthy vaginal flora*.
- Specially formulated to support a balanced and healthy vaginal environment in women by increasing levels of Lactobacilli naturally present in the vagina, and to support urinary tract and vaginal health*.
- Backed by over 25 scientific studies and 30 years of research.
- This probiotic combination has been extensively researched in over 2,500 women around the world.
- Highest quality standards - rigorously tested and shown to be safe in women.
- Trust ‘For women’ as the safe and scientifically proven method to balance your natural vaginal flora*.
- 2.3 billion CFU of friendly bacteria per serving, guaranteed until end of expiry.
- Clinically trialled and shown to reach the vagina alive.
- Easy-to-take capsule.
- Suitable for vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free or gluten-free diets.
- Suitable for pregnant women.
- Free from GMOs and soy. No artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
- Recommended for daily use.
- Winner of 2019 Your Healthy Living Award.
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Available in three pack sizes of 14, 30 and 90 capsules.
Customer feedback collected via independent review platform Trustpilot. See 'Reviews' tab for more customer opinions collected via our own website.
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr Aisling Dwyer MB BCh BAO (Medicine, Surgery and Obstetrics), MSc (Personalised Nutrition) and Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology.
What are women’s probiotics?
For most health issues, gender isn’t a consideration in probiotic research, so you don’t need to worry about this when choosing your supplement. However, there are several probiotic strains that have been researched specifically in people with vaginas, such as Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14® and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1®, which can be found in 'For women'. These have been specifically researched for the support of vaginal health issues*. Otherwise, probiotics are not gender-specific and can be taken by anyone who feels they may benefit.
Why are women’s probiotics good for you?
Women’s probiotics are particularly good for the support of the vaginal flora, even when taken orally1. A healthy vagina typically contains strains of Lactobacilli bacteria which produce lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide and other substances, all of which help to keep the pH balance in the vagina at an optimum pH of 4.5 (slightly acidic).
How do I choose the best probiotic for women?
The best women’s probiotic supplements contain strains which have been specifically researched in women, and where the billions count is based on the dosages used in gold standard clinical trials. ‘For women’ contains 2.3 billion live probiotic cultures per capsule – the finished product has been used in numerous research studies2-4 in which a standard dose of one to two capsules per day was found to offer benefits for a variety of vaginal health issues*.
Making a difference
Thank you for helping us to support women around the world!
For every pack of OptiBac 'For women' purchased, we make a donation ($0.26 per 14 capsules, $0.39 per 30 capsules, and $1.31 per 90 capsules) to the international women's rights charity, Womankind Worldwide.
Over the last 5 years you have helped us raise a massive $430,000! These funds have helped Womankind Worldwide, in partnership with over 30 women's rights organisations across Africa and Asia, transform the lives of thousands of women suffering abuse and discrimination.
Our sincere thanks goes out to everyone who recommends, stocks and takes this supplement. Read more about the OptiBac and Womankind Worldwide partnership.
1. Morelli L, Zonenenschain D, Del Piano M, Cognein P. Utilization of the intestinal tract as a delivery system for urogenital probiotics. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2004;38(6 Suppl). doi:10.1097/01.mcg.0000128938.32835.98
2. Martinez RCR, Franceschini SA, Patta MC, et al. Improved treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis with flXXXole plus probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2009;48(3):269-274. doi:10.1111/j.1472-765X.2008.02477.x
3. Martinez RCR, Franceschini SA, Patta MC, et al. Improved cure of bacterial vaginosis with single dose of tiXXXole (2 g), Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1, and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55(2):133-138. doi:10.1139/W08-102
4. Beerepoot MAJ, Ter Riet G, Nys S, et al. Lactobacilli vs antibiotics to prevent urinary tract infections: A randomized, double-blind, noninferiority trial in postmenopausal women. Arch Intern Med. 2012;172(9):704-712. doi:10.1001/archinternmed.2012.777