Who is Optibac Probiotics For Women for?
For women of all ages, including teenagers, pregnant women, older women and anyone who feels they could benefit. Formulated with three highly researched probiotic strains, to naturally support vaginal and urinary tract health*.
- Trusted multi-strain ingredients - contains the world-renowned combination of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1® and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14®, the most clinically studied probiotic strains for vaginal health*. Now also with Lactobacillus paracasei F-19®.
- Best probiotics for women to maintain healthy vaginal flora*.
- Specially formulated to support a balanced and healthy vaginal environment in women by increasing levels of Lactobacilli naturally present in the vagina, and to support urinary tract and vaginal health*.
- The probiotic combination of L. rhamnosus GR-1® and L. reuteri RC-14® has been extensively researched in over thousands of women around the world.
- Backed by over 25 scientific studies and 30 years of research.
- Highest quality standards - rigorously tested and shown to be safe in women.
- For Women offers a scientifically proven way to balance your natural vaginal flora*.
- 2.5 billion CFU per serving, guaranteed until end of expiry.
- Clinically trialed and shown to reach the vagina alive.
- Easy-to-take capsule, recommended for daily use.
- Can be taken alone or alongside other supplements like cranberry, natural anti-bacterials and anti-fungals.
- Winner of 2019 Your Healthy Living Award.
- From the UK’s most trusted & recommended brand of friendly bacteria supplements. As determined in an independent survey of 1000 British women+.
Available in three pack sizes of 14, 30 and 90 capsules.
Now dispatching in our new look!
We are introducing new, eco-conscious packaging this year, and the new designs will update gradually from product to product to minimize any waste. Please bear with us as you may receive orders with both current and new packaging over the coming months. We hope you like the new look!
We’ve reduced the plastic in this packaging by 96%. We no longer use plastic containers.
Update May 2021: now also with Lactobacillus paracasei F-19® and providing 2.5 billion CFU per capsule (previously 2.3 billion). Existing customers can continue to take it just as before!
All questions answered by probiotic experts Dr Kate Stephens PhD (Food and Microbial Sciences) BSc(Hons) Medical Microbiology and Kerry Beeson BSc (Nut. Med.) Nutritional Therapist.
What are women’s probiotics?
For most health issues, gender isn’t a consideration in probiotic research, so you don’t need to worry about this when choosing your supplement. However, there are several probiotic strains that have been researched specifically in people with vaginas, such as Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14® and Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1®, and Lactobacillus paracasei F-19®, which can be found in For Women. These have been specifically researched for the support of vaginal and urinary tract health issues*. Otherwise, probiotics are not gender-specific and can be taken by anyone who feels they may benefit.
Why are women’s probiotics good for you?
Women’s probiotics are particularly good for the support of the vaginal flora, even when taken orally1. A healthy vagina typically contains strains of Lactobacilli bacteria which produce lactic acid, hydrogen peroxide and other substances, all of which help to keep the pH balance in the vagina at an optimum pH of 4.5 (slightly acidic).
How do I choose the best probiotic for women?
The best women’s probiotic supplements contain strains which have been specifically researched in women, and where the billions count is based on the dosages used in gold standard clinical trials. For Women contains 2.5 billion live probiotic cultures per capsule – and strains in this product have been used in numerous research studies2-4 in which a standard dose of one to two capsules per day was found to offer benefits for a variety of vaginal health issues*.
Making a difference
Thank you for helping us to support women around the world!
For every pack of Optibac For Women purchased, we make a donation to the international women's rights charity, Womankind Worldwide.
Over the last 6 years you have helped us raise more than $561,000! These funds have helped Womankind Worldwide, in partnership with over 30 women's rights organizations across Africa and Asia, transform the lives of thousands of women suffering abuse and discrimination.
Our sincere thanks goes out to everyone who recommends, stocks and takes this supplement. Read more about the Optibac and Womankind Worldwide partnership.
Customer feedback collected via independent review platform Trustpilot. See 'Reviews' tab for more customer opinions collected via our own website.
1. Morelli L, Zonenenschain D, Del Piano M, Cognein P. Utilization of the intestinal tract as a delivery system for urogenital probiotics. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2004;38(6 Suppl). doi:10.1097/01.mcg.0000128938.32835.98
2. Martinez RCR, Franceschini SA, Patta MC, et al. Improved treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis with flXXXXXXole plus probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1 and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2009;48(3):269-274. doi:10.1111/j.1472-765X.2008.02477.x
3. Martinez RCR, Franceschini SA, Patta MC, et al. Improved cure of bacterial vaginosis with single dose of tiXXXXXole (2 g), Lactobacillus rhamnosus GR-1, and Lactobacillus reuteri RC-14: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Can J Microbiol. 2009;55(2):133-138. doi:10.1139/W08-102
4. Beerepoot MAJ, Ter Riet G, Nys S, et al. Lactobacilli vs antibiotics to prevent urinary tract infections: A randomized, double-blind, noninferiority trial in postmenopausal women. Arch Intern Med. 2012;172(9):704-712. doi:10.1001/archinternmed.2012.777