Wren Laboratories is a successful, family-run business based near Andover, Hampshire. It produces a range of health supplements called Optibac Probiotics. The company is committed to producing high-quality products, providing excellent customer service, and achieving a vibrant & inspiring workplace. The products are sold in the UK, Ireland and many export markets via multiple different sales channels including pharmacies, health food stores, grocery, Complementary Alternative Medicine practitioners, direct-to-consumer websites, online retailers, and marketplaces.
The Health Care Professional (HCP) & Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM) channel sits within the UK sales channel, who are responsible for increasing the brand awareness and supporting sales across different new and existing UK stockists (Independent pharmacies, Health Food Shops, online retailers, and UK wholesalers). The Clinical CAM & HCP department plays a key role in driving and supporting Optibac recommendations via CAMs and HCPs in the primary and secondary care space, indirectly also supporting the sales channels via driving new consumers, managing existing accounts and building brand loyalty and retention.
Job Purpose and Scope
The overall aim of the CAM&HCP Account Manager is to grow Optibac’s practitioner & health care providers market to become one of the most recommended probiotics brands in the UK within this arena.
HCP & CAM Department General Support
- Support and align with the business wider needs, prospecting and positioning the brand in spaces for growth related to practitioners and health providers.
- Support the execution of a successful channel strategy with knowledge and by identifying key platforms/spaces/tools where practitioners and HCPs spend time educating themselves. Increase reach, brand awareness and endorsements via different techniques such as training sessions, webinars, articles and others.
- Collaborate internally to ensure educational assets can be developed accurately and with impact to secure brand endorsement by the professionals.
- Support UK sales channel growth by managing the CAM channel sales and key accounts relationships; also identify opportunities via new and existing networks e.g., Functional Medicine Clinics and Colonics.
- Engage with CAM/HCPs Influencers across multiple platforms as part of the educational and growth strategy to generate trust in the company’s portfolio and brand.
- Flexibility is essential at Wren Laboratories, with all teams working closely together to support and develop the Optibac brand, so occasional additional support duties could be required in other areas of the business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with your line manager to prepare a CAM/HCP strategy that works tactically in accordance with the CVR framework (Credibility, Visibility & Recommendation).
- Meet your line manager on a regular basis to discuss the channel performance.
- Collate KPI data. Submit weekly/monthly metrics/reports of KPIs and activities taking place.
- Prepare and share the CAM & HCP agenda with your line manager.
- Manage portfolio of CAM practitioners and dedicated wholesalers. Maintain strong relationships with existing practitioners to ensure long term success. Explore the possibility of increasing product distribution across different accounts.
- Prospect new practitioners & clinics nationwide to increase recommendations.
- Organise & deploy strong training sessions to practitioner groups or individuals, via face to face, virtual, conference, presentations, webinars.
- Liaise with the internal training team to create seminars and/or webinars to promote brand awareness through educational outreach. Content and message should be up-to-date, and relevant.
- Identify, educate & encourage influencers and KOLs in the industry to support and endorse Optibac. Build & maintain strong relationships. Explore collaborative working opportunities for the longer-term gain.
- Write articles for practitioner platforms and relevant trade publications as well as writing a monthly e-newsletter to our growing practitioner network.
- Manage CAM & HCP enquiries.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the industry, keeping up to date with the market trends and developments by competitors.
- Organise and exhibit at relevant conferences to raise brand awareness amongst professionals & potential industry partners. Working occasionally on weekends is required.
Person Specification and Competencies
- Applicants must live within the country of work, with the ability to travel and stay away from home from time to time.
- Existing understanding / experience within the UK Medical Framework ie NHS or secondary care is advantageous.
- Proactive, driven, self-motivated and self-starter.
- Logical and strategic thinking.
- Excellent communication, written language, and organisational skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workstreams effectively.
- Experience with Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Adaptable and flexible (occasional weekend work required).
- Ability to explore social media platforms or a willingness to learn.
Knowledge and Experience
The minimum level of knowledge and skills necessary to competently perform the job.
- Diploma, Advanced Diploma or relevant Degree in nutrition / dietetics / pharmacy / nutritional therapy / naturopathy / herbal medicine or complementary health – essential.
- ABPI qualification advantageous, but not essential.
- Healthcare industry knowledge and Experience working within CAMs and / or HCP framework is essential.
- Experience working in natural products industry, consumer healthcare industry, Pharmacy experience (working with) advantageous.
- Educational trainer diploma/experience is advantageous.
- Understanding of how CAMs/ HCPs recommend in the community and how the framework funds longer term endorsement is advantageous.
- Be able to communicate in a scientific manner with ease.
- Educated to a good standard.
- Commercial and Business Awareness skills & proactivity.
- Previous experience in content writing is advantageous.
Position in Organisation
Department: UK Sales
Location: Field/remote Based
Supervisor: Clinical Account Team Manager
Salary Range: TBC
- To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to HCPfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Must have valid working visa for the UK
- No agencies please
- Deadline for applications is 6th November 2023