Wren Laboratories is a successful, family-run business based near Andover, Hampshire. It produces a range called ‘OptiBac Probiotics’ – the UK & Ireland's most trusted & recommended friendly bacteria supplements. The company is committed to high quality products, excellent customer service, and a vibrant & inspiring workplace. The products are sold in the UK, Ireland and many export markets via multiple sales channels – trade, marketplaces & direct-to-consumer.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this role will be required to have strong commercial experience, working with the wider company to understand and evaluate various metrics across multiple functions. A successful candidate will be responsible for providing insights from several different data points and systems to be understood at all levels of the business.
Responsibility of all reporting and analytical requirements outside of Financial Planning & Analysis normal cycles. Including but not limited to, marketing metrics support, brand analytics, return on investment, product mix analysis and new product development (NPD) P&Ls.
Position In Organisation
Reports To: Financial Controller.
Responsible For: No direct reports.
- Take ownership for reporting against key metrics and covenants to internal stakeholders.
- Analyse past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work on forecast P&Ls for NPD, New Customers and New Markets with relevant sales channel leads.
- Build and maintain models to measure impact of business activity including customer lifetime value, return on investment and other business metrics.
- Analysis impact of brand marketing activity on sales channels and product mix, helping to understand the benefit and provide more accurate forecasting for future investments.
- Maintain and refine internal financial models of all aspects of the business and analyse impact of scenarios on the business through modelling techniques.
- Collate Management Information (MI) across the whole business to generate insight & provide analysis / commentary to drive decision-making.
- Be proficient using variety of different software to support all department needs e.g., Oracle NetSuite, Kentico, Google Analytics. Customise reports / dashboards as required.
- Coaching and training members of the wider team who show interest in data analytics.
Knowledge & Experience
- Economic qualification, Business Management degree, or equivalent with >3 years working in an industry setting.
- Strong Microsoft skills primarily in advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills being able to talk finance to non-finance stakeholders across all levels.
- High proficiency in financial modelling techniques and knowledge of data visualisation tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik and Power BI).
- 2 years’ experience working in Finance / Data Commercial environment.
- Living within a commutable distance of HQ near Andover, Hampshire.
- Experience working closely with Sales and Marketing teams.
- NetSuite Experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manipulate any data source provided and use the information to extrapolate insights & back up ideas.
- Ability to present data in a format that is clear and concise to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to work as an individual as well and in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships with teams outside of Finance.
- High level of numeracy, commercially ‘savvy’.
- An understanding of marketing and experience in the analysis of the performance of marketing effectiveness.
- Strong attention to detail as well as the ability to connect the dots and identify business trends and opportunities.
- Strong IT skills including experience data analytic tools, and social media & Google Analytic tools.
- Ability to understand and analyse the promotional strategy impact of national retail accounts.
- Self-motivated, resilient, energetic, enthusiastic, and hard-working.
- Appreciation for the value of joining a small, fast-growing company and being a part of the ‘work family’.
Hours, Salary & Start Date
- Full time, permanent position.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Start immediately.
- To apply for this role please send your CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to Financefirstname.lastname@example.org.
- No agencies please.
- Deadline for applications is 17th February 2023.
We believe that a diverse, inclusive culture drives creativity and success. We strive to create a workplace that values all people, where we embrace differences, and everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. The more perspectives we share, the better we can be.
For more company information please visit www.optibacprobiotics.com/uk.